In the November 2022 issue we were featured in Laguna Hills Living magazine. The article was lovely, but did include some factual errors and some clarifications:
- Chickee did not grow up in Riverside
- Ohio is not East Coast
- Snail's Pace did not become South Coast Roadrunners.
- Luke's runnerup finish in the Dana Hills Invitational is in the freshman race. Impressive, but not the same as finishing second in the featured, or Sweepstakes race.
- Eagle Boards of Review are ad hoc, and not an ongoing thing. It's an honor to have served on several of them over the years. I do have an ongoing role as Chartered Org Rep for our Scout Troop, and previously as a Den Leader and Cubmaster for our Cub Scout Pack.
- Claire was referring to the pandemic's cancellation of the school musical for two years.
But the rest of the article was very nice and we were very flattered to be considered.
Click each image to make it full screen and readable.
We also thought it was a particularly cool coincidence that the ad for St. Mary's was on the same page as part of the article. If you look carefully, you can see both Luke & Claire in the ad:
- Luke can be spotted in the photo just above the bottom left. He is featured after winning the Legacy Award, together with his fellow finalists.
- Claire is in the cast photo from Seussical.
Post a Comment